Opening the 2016 Season
1. 2016 Marks just the 11th time since 1966 that ASU has entered the season with no returning QB starts. ASU’s final record in those previous seasons: 76-42-1.
2. ASU was one of only two FBS schools (Tulane) to open the season without a quarterback on the roster that had thrown a D-I pass.
3. The Sun Devils have held 19 opponents under 100 rush yards under Todd Graham. Including the season opener against NAU, that makes 35% of all Graham-coached games (54).
4. The Sun Devils rushed for five touchdowns in the opener. In all of 2015, ASU had 19 rushing touchdowns.
The Long Drive
5. The Devils put together back-to-back scoring drives of 85+ yards against NAU. They had just three such drives in the entirety of 2015.
Tim White Exploding
6. With 1,029 career kickoff yards in just 13 games (12 games in 2015), Sun Devil WR Tim White needs just under 500 yards to set the ASU Football career record.
8. White has over 100 all-purpose yards in three of his last four games dating back to last season. That includes 484 yards in his last two starts.
PLUS- Against NAU, not only did White snag nine catches for 95 yards, he also gained 100 yards on five returns (2 kickoffs and 3 punts).
The Newest Hometown Hero
7. N’Keal Harry became just the fourth Sun Devil on offense in ASU history to start in an opener as a true freshman. He is one of just two such players to score in his debut. The other? D.J. Foster.
Zane on the Verge Of History
9. Zane Gonzalez now needs just 13 field goals over the remainder of the season to break FSU’s Dustin Hopkins FBS record of 88. Gonzalez averaged 24 field goals in the past three seasons.
OOC Power 5 Opponents in Sun Devil Stadium
10. ASU is 4-0 against its last four non-conference Power 5 opponents at home. Also, under Todd Graham, the Devils are undefeated (9-0) in non-conference home games.
ASU vs Texas Tech – Saturday, Sep 10 – 7:00PM Kick-Off – Sun Devil Stadium
Cover photo- ASU